Group Of 17 British Teenagers Hospitalised After Drinking ‘Toxic’ Alcohol In Greece

Mark Willingham Uncategorized

Group Of 17 British Teenagers Hospitalised After Drinking ‘Toxic’ Alcohol In Greece

Source: http://www.ladbible.com/

Rebecca Shepherd

August 5, 2018

Your first LADs’ holiday is all about the hangovers, sunburn and booze.

But for these young teenagers everything was ruined when their drinks were ‘laced with methanol’ while they were partying in Zante, Greece.

The group, all aged between 17 and 18, flew to the party town of Laganas to celebrate leaving their Northumberland high school in late July.

But according to the MailOnline, on their second night out, nearly all the boys became violently sick and were taken to hospital, despite some only having three drinks the entire night.

Cole Brunton, 18, claims he had methanol poisoning and told the Sun: “It’s inhuman. I know 100 percent that we got ill because we were poisoned.

“I can’t put into words how angry I feel that someone is prepared to put lives at risk to make a few quid.”

Cole said the group of friends went bar hopping, some ordering beer, others having spirits and some drinking cocktails.

But as they hit the third bar, some of the boys started to head back to their hotel because they were feeling unwell.

Cole said he returned to the hotel around midnight but woke up at 3am with hot and cold sweats and a severe pain in his stomach.

He said: “I was sick in the toilet in my room. My roommate had already been sick.

“I stepped out of the bedroom into the corridor and looked left and right. Everyone else was there, too, all being sick.

“Our vomit was red and black. One of the lads was in bed and started having a fit, shaking uncontrollably.”

Cole said that a receptionist at their hotel called the emergency services and two ambulances arrived. He was immediately put on a drip but carried on being sick.

He added: “I think the doctors knew it was methanol poisoning. The doctor told me we had all been very lucky.”

The deadly chemical has been known to leave people blind, like Hannah Powell whose drink was spiked in Zakynthos, Greece.

The 20-year-old was put in intensive care after she was rushed to hospital when she woke up from a 48 hour sleep with no vision.

Hannah is now registered blind and was left with a number of medical complications when her vodka and orange cocktails were laced with methanol just like Cole and his friends claim happened to them.